Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Understanding Krishnamurti.


Having been in different Krishnamurti discussion forums, and collecting more and more data about K and what he speaks, the 'splash of understanding' never crossed the mind.

Then this November 10th it happened. I was in a meditation center, where I met a Buddhist monk, who had knowledge about K. He asked me a question. "Why did Dr. E.W. Adikarm became a Krishnamurthi follower?"

Being a born Buddhist and following it earnestly, having established several Buddhist schools, several Buddhist Organization, and in all of which he was the head, then at the advance age of 35, he reads a book of K, and resigns from all Buddhist organizations, saying that it it not compatible to be as such, since he does not believe in Buddhism any more, which is in the Scriptures.

Having this monk's question in mind, after retiring to the bed, it dawned on me this Dr. E.W. Adikaram, being a Pali scholar (Buddhist Scriptures are in Pali Language), having translated Dhammapada to English and having written another book on Early History of Buddhism, must have read something in that K's book, which have got 'Clicked' to his mind as True.

Like Charles Darwin, who collected data and knowledge of Evolution, with that vast information he remains for about a few years, unable to find a suitable Theorem to explain Evolution, suddenly with a splash, it got clicked into his mind, and me looking at this question, 'what would have got clicked to this man? 'and it 'clicked' in my mind, what it is, and I started to understand K.

                                                                                           
                                                                          

1 comment:

  1. Since I have said that I have understood (got 'Clicked' in my mind) what Jiddu Krishnamurti talks about, does that means I have become a Krisnamurthi follower just like Adikaram?
    No, I remain as a Buddhist ever more.

    ReplyDelete